Brandy Bigler
English 102
Reflection
December 8, 2010
This class was a challenge for me to take online. But it has helped me develop better skills as a writer. I have learned how to lay out my papers better and to get my thoughts down on paper more clearly. I have learned the difference between summary and an Analysis which was new to me in this class. I have also learned to organize my thoughts better. The course was challenging to me and I found that I had to learn how to manage my time better so I could complete all the assignments on time. The hardest part of this course for me was trying to figure out how to set up a blog and actually post my work to it. I am not good with technology so I had to work at this part of the class. My writing has become more detailed and clear. I believe that it is easier for the reader now to understand and follow what I am saying. I have also found that one of my biggest challenges was trying to introduce my quotes with a single phrase. I am still trying to prefect this skill even as I wrote my fourth essay.
The most interesting part of this class for me was the reading. I enjoyed reading the books more than I thought I would. I found the topics of the books to be very intriguing and it was interesting to learn about new things and concepts. The topics in these books were so real that they drew me in immediately. Tim O’Brien’s The Things We Carried and Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale are now two of my favorite books surprisingly. I just found reading them very exciting. I never would have thought I would enjoy that type of litterateur, so I am thankful for this class in the fact that it has helped me to broaden my taste for books.
One part of the class that I enjoyed as well was the blog post. I found the writing topic to be sort of fun and I enjoyed getting to interact with my classmates and get to know them a little better. The thing that I found to be extremely helpful were the peer edits on our essays, I found it extremely helpful in getting that kind of feedback.
The hardest paper for me in this class was the fourth essay on Margaret Atwood. I put a lot of effort into this essay and found it harder than normal to get my thoughts clear and on paper. I have learned a couple different writing skills in this class. Overall, I enjoyed this class and the challenges that it brought upon in my writing. The writing skills that I learned in this class will help me in future classes on my essays. There is always room for improvement with my writing but I feel that I have improved greatly over this semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment